[SOLVED] Could not refresh list of updates

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
illy1WFR

[SOLVED] Could not refresh list of updates

Post by illy1WFR »

Hi all
my first proper post, so I'm old a noob and dyslexic not got a lot going for me have I. Tonight I have clicked on some updates on Linux mint 19 I am left with a red cross in the update shield and when I hang my mouse pointer over the shield this message pops up

the repository 'cdrom://LinuxMint 19 _Tara _-Release amd64 20180717 bionic Releace' does not have a Release file.

I would also add that the computer locks up about 5seconds after shut down is initiated and I have to complete the process by holding down the power button.

Could some kind person shove me in the right direction to rectify :?: :oops:

Thanks
Tony
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lord Boltar

Re: Could not refresh list of updates

Post by Lord Boltar »

Go to your Software Sources then click on the PPA tab and uncheck cdrom://LinuxMint 19 then reload should fix it
illy1WFR

Re: Could not refresh list of updates

Post by illy1WFR »

Ok clicked on PPAs but that window is empty

Additional repositories blow PPAs has a CD ROM (installation disk) checked, so I unchecked that and refreshed, that has put the check mark back on the update shield, seems ok. :?

Thanks for your input Lord

Tony

Return to “Beginner Questions”