Problem with audio quality

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
hismaimai8888
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with audio quality

Post by hismaimai8888 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:26 am

I just installed linux mint 18.2 cinnamon. This is the first time I'm using linux. I have been having trouble with the audio quality when using headphones. The audio was fine when I was using windows so don't think it's a problem with the computer. I have also tried using to different headphones so don't think thats the problem either. It seems to get better when I lower the volume, but if I go above maybe 50-60% it becomes distorted or something.
Công ty rut ham cau quan 12 giá rẻ dịch vụ rút hầm cầu quận 12 uy tín

MrEen
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Problem with audio quality

Post by MrEen » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:09 pm

hismaimai8888 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:26 am
I just installed linux mint 18.2 cinnamon. This is the first time I'm using linux. I have been having trouble with the audio quality when using headphones. The audio was fine when I was using windows so don't think it's a problem with the computer. I have also tried using to different headphones so don't think thats the problem either. It seems to get better when I lower the volume, but if I go above maybe 50-60% it becomes distorted or something.
Hi hismaimai8888, and welcome to the forum.

My first suggestion would be to run alsamixer in the terminal while playing a song and play with the levels there. Use the left and right arrows to highlight a column and up and down arrows to raise and lower levels. Any column with Boost in the name should probably be lowered. Play around with it a bit and see if you can improve the quality this way.

Good luck.

Return to “Newbie Questions”