Why is my VLC flickering when I change volume?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sidnoway

Why is my VLC flickering when I change volume?

Post by sidnoway »

The issue can be found in this vide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbWNx4_ ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
carum carvi

Re: Why is my VLC flickering when I change volume?

Post by carum carvi »

Hi Sidnoway, Welcome to the LinuxMint forum!

From watching the video it seems that you are using a keyboard button to change the system volume, which indirectly lowers the volume of Vlc as well. One can simply change volume in Vlc 3.0.3. with the mousewheel.

Do flickering problems in Vlc occur as well when you change the volume by using the mousewheel button in Vlc?

My wild guess is that it could be a small hardware conflict between your keyboard and Vlc software.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Why is my VLC flickering when I change volume?

Post by Hoser Rob »

VLC is actually pretty buggy (and quite over rated IMO), does this happen with other media players?
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Beginner Questions”