Could not refresh the list of updates

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CodeSchlocker

Post by CodeSchlocker »

Since this is along the same lines as the original poster, I hope this is a good place to post this:

In the Update Manager, for a couple of weeks now, I'm getting the error message:

Repository 'http://dl.google.com/linux./chrome/deb stable Release' changed its 'Origin' value from 'Google, Inc.' to 'Google LLC'

I'm not for sure where to change the 'Origin Value'

I'm surprised not to find this specific problem by doing a search.

-CodeSchlocker
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DAMIEN1307

Re: Can't open Software Manager and Software Sources

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

just run the following code listed below by copy and paste into your terminal...(i usually reboot after just out of old "windwoes" habit) and then try for the updates again...this should solve the problem.

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
CodeSchlocker

Post by CodeSchlocker »

Thanks Damien1307,

After I typed that command, I get the message back:

1 package can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see it.

So, I run that command, apt list --upgradable

and got the message back

Listing... Done
google-chrome-stable/stable 70.0.3538.110-1 amd64 [upgradable from: 70.0]
N: There is 1 additional version. Please use the '-a' switch to see it.

Sorry, not used to repositories. I'm new to Linux. But, it appears that, it just want's me to upgrade to the newest version of Google Chrome?
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

im thinking that all you need do now is just use the update manager to make that happen...the change in google to LLC was preventing that from happening but should now work ok.
CodeSchlocker

Post by CodeSchlocker »

Thanks again, Damien!

You are so right. If only I had taken your advice and reloaded, I would have seen that.

Like I said, I am so unfamiliar with the whole repository thing.

-CodeSchlocker
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Could not refresh the list of updates

Post by Moem »

CodeSchlocker wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:56 pm Since this is along the same lines as the original poster, I hope this is a good place to post this
Mod note:
- I have split your question off into a new thread.
- This is not along the same lines as someone who cannot open their Update manager at all, it's a different problem.
- Even if you had the exact problem, please open a new thread always, as stated in the forum rules. The hardware is not the same, the Mint version might be different, so the solution might not be the same and it'll all get needlessly confusing. New threads do not cost extra :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Beginner Questions”