[SOLVED] Oomox Custom Exported Iconset installation?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
darkstrike
Level 5
Level 5

[SOLVED] Oomox Custom Exported Iconset installation?

Post by darkstrike »

Hi all!

I've made a few themes for my personal system that I really like with Oomox and they show up in the Appearance settings options under my Mint 19 MATE install where I can select and use them, no problem...BUT, I am having an issue with the iconsets I export?

Despite exporting them, they do not show up in my icon set list in the Appearance settings at all...? Am I missing something? I don't even know where Oomox is exporting them to in order to move them to where they might need to be!

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Cheers! :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Oomox Custom Exported Iconset installation?

Post by smurphos »

They should be in ~/.icons and in Mate should be applied at the same time as you apply the oomox created theme of the same name in the Appearance tab. They should also be listed under icons if you choose the customise option in Appearance.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
darkstrike
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Oomox Custom Exported Iconset installation?

Post by darkstrike »

They weren't showing up in Appearance though, that was the issue, so I had no way to use them. The icon set is showing up in /.icons, but wasn't showing up in Appearance.

That being said, the issue fixed itself after a restart and they are now showing up properly in the Appearance settings...weird that a restart was needed as the themes show up without needing a restart, but hey, at least they are working now! :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”