Linux Mint 19 XFCE Psensor Bug

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gregoryshock
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint 19 XFCE Psensor Bug

Post by gregoryshock »

Before I decided to write this post I have did a bunch of different tests. I have tried Psensor on real hardware and in virtual box. The results I get is the same. Psensor works on Linux Mint 18.3 XFCE and Xubuntu 18.04.1. It does not work correctly on Linux Mint 19 XFCE. As far as I can tell the versions between Xubuntu 18.04.1 and the versions on Linux Mint 19 XFCE are the same. XFCE 4.12 on both of them, and Psensor version 1.1.5 on both of them. You will need to test this out for yourself. Also I made a bug report on Launchpad for the Psensor Dev.

Running on my Linux Mint 18.3 system. (This is the way it should work)

Running on Xubuntu 18.04 System.(This is the way it should work)

Running on Linux Mint 19 XFCE in Virtual Box (If you click on the icon it will only open up the main psensor program window. It will not open up the the simple pull up or pull down information like in my other screen shots. I apologize that it is in virtual box but I think the screen shot is good enough to make the point)

I've also ran into the same problem on Linux Lite 4.2 XFCE. Which tells me whatever is wrong in Linux Mint 19 XFCE is also wrong in that distro as well. This screen shot was made on real hardware. I just don't happen to have any real hardware screen shots of Linux Mint 19 on hand. But I can get you guys some later!

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”