Installation of Photoline32 V21 on Mint/Cinnamon & Wine3.0

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
magirus_quixote

Installation of Photoline32 V21 on Mint/Cinnamon & Wine3.0

Post by magirus_quixote »

Hello together!
I' new on Linux Mint, did a fresh installation of Mint/Cinnamon 32bit on a Asus EeePC 1000H, with Wine 3.0
So I tried to install my favorite program für image manipulation, which is Photoline32 in the newest Version 21.
This works fine on LXDE, but on Cinnamon the program dosn't even open a window: error message (console start) is: Cinnamon warning: Fenster 0x6e00008 (PhotoLine3) zeigt durch einen MWM-Hinweis an, dass die Größe nicht veränderbar ist, setzt jedoch die minimale Größe auf 1 x 1 und die maximale Größe auf 2147483647 x 2147483647; dies ergibt keinen Sinn.
English: Photoline3 indicates that the window dimensions are not changeable, but minimal size is 1x1, max size 2147483647 x 2147483647; that makes no sense :(
Maybe, but why does it work with LXDE?
Is there any workaround for this problem?
The older version 16 of PhotoLine works without problems, but this is 10 years old.
Thanks for your time and knowlege!
magirus_quixote
quixote.de
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”