Hibernate / Save Session

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gezginrocker

Hibernate / Save Session

Post by gezginrocker »

Hi,

I'm dual booting Mint & Windows. When I finish working with Windows, I hibernate it. So I can continue from where I left later.

But I couldn't find a similar option for Mint yet. When I switch to Windows, I shut down Mint, so I can't continue later from where I left.

I searched the forums, tried a few suggestions, but wasn't successful. So is there anything I can do to hibernate Mint or save latest session?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gezginrocker

Re: Hibernate / Save Session

Post by gezginrocker »

Thanks but I'm amazed that simple thing like this is so complicated at Linux.
gm10

Re: Hibernate / Save Session

Post by gm10 »

gezginrocker wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:35 am Thanks but I'm amazed that simple thing like this is so complicated at Linux.
It's not really, it's just that we're based on Ubuntu and Ubuntu stopped wanting to support the hibernate option anymore back in 2011, so this is not getting set up automatically. Mint is not overriding that behaviour, erring on the side of caution I suppose.

Return to “Beginner Questions”