Solved

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dermage1

Solved

Post by dermage1 »

Can someone let me know the best way to change my password for this fourm and site ? I'm still new to a lot of this and can't seem to find it
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
philotux

Re: changeing password

Post by philotux »

At top right, click on the triangle next to your your username: User Control Panel: Profile: Edit Account Settings
dermage1

changing password

Post by dermage1 »

I was sent a password from the Admin - which is 20-30 mixed numbers. I'd like to shorten it to one I can remember. I don't know the next step though. Any suggestions ?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: changing password

Post by Moem »

Mod note:
Similar posts merged. Please do not double-post. Thank you!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Re: changing password

Post by HaveaMint »

dermage1 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:27 am I was sent a password from the Admin - which is 20-30 mixed numbers. I'd like to shorten it to one I can remember. I don't know the next step though. Any suggestions ?
Keepassx from the Software Manager is a nice program to store passwords and files.
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".

Return to “Beginner Questions”