Hibernate on lid close? - SOLVED

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
flaviz
Level 1
Level 1

Hibernate on lid close? - SOLVED

Post by flaviz »

Hello all, just installed a fresh 19.1 Cinnamon and everything is working fine except for hibernating on lid close. Hibernate works fine, but laptop does nothing when I close the lid.

I changed the lid close on ac and battery actions to hibernate in Dconf, but that did nothing. Also uncommented and changed to HandleLidSwitch=hibernate in /etc/systemd/logind.conf

The lid action does work in other distros so laptop switch is fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Last edited by flaviz on Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperBoby
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Hibernate on lid close?

Post by SuperBoby »

Hi, have you tried Menu > System settings > Power Management ?
LMDE 3 Cindy x64 on :
Lenovo Thinkpad T410, X220 Tablet, X61

flaviz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by flaviz »

SuperBoby wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:59 am
Hi, have you tried Menu > System settings > Power Management ?
Yes, hibernation is not an option by default, but changing it in Dconf allows for it. I know I had it working when I was on Linux Mint a few years ago...

carum carvi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by carum carvi »

Maybe the link below from this very forum might help you along:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=273202

flaviz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by flaviz »

carum carvi wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:36 am
Maybe the link below from this very forum might help you along:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=273202
Thank you! I had hibernate working but setting lid close action in Dconf wasn't working. After running the xed admin:// command on there, and resetting it in power management, it is working! I tried to do this on a ton of distros with luks encryption and this is the only one working flawlessly! Thank again :o

carum carvi
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Hibernate on lid close? - SOLVED

Post by carum carvi »

Flaviz, great that you got it working! Always good to know that such a problem CAN be fixed with some tweaks. I just recently learned about this thread in which Gm10 presented the solution to this problem with hibernation. Gm10 deserves all the praise for his detailed knowledge and good support about this hibernation issue, but I am glad that I could have been of help by referring to this link :D

Return to “Newbie Questions”