Drivers Problems

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
20HJIGSAW
Level 1
Level 1

Drivers Problems

Post by 20HJIGSAW »

Just installed linux mint and I can't get on my wireless network. Also the driver are not in use when you go to device manager. I have an intel processor: HOckey20
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-12-24 21-54-25.png
Screenshot from 2018-12-24 21-52-51.png
frosh
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Drivers Problems

Post by frosh »

As far as I can tell, the graphics driver you're using (i915) should be okay. I don't know why you're getting two outputs for drivers here though.

To help with your wifi, it would be useful if you posted the output of inxi -N.
20HJIGSAW
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 20HJIGSAW »

I found this forum here to do a command that might fix my wifi issue. I'm going to attach it. I did the first command, but it shows that I need to go to a website I think git clone. Please bear with I'm new but extremely fascinated on linux and really eager to learn as much as I can. Beside the little set back. I do notice how faster it is compared to windows 10.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-12-25 14-22-11.png
Screenshot from 2018-12-25 14-17-30.png
hcentaur13
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hcentaur13 »

Open the driver manager and tell it to install the graphics driver it listes.
kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Post by kc1di »

First make sure your secure boot is turned off in Bios. Secure boot conflicts with Realtek drivers.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Lord Boltar
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lord Boltar »

The reason your Driver manager does not list drivers is due to the Kernel already has your driver - Device drivers only show if the kernel has no usable drivers like with NVIDIA cards - bottom left screen says "No Proprietary Drivers are In Use"

please run inxi -Fx or inxi -n as "frosh" had suggested in your terminal so we can see your specs to better help you.
IF your problem has been solved, please edit your original post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the Subject Line. It helps other members

The only way for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing

Return to “Newbie Questions”