[Solved DiY gang] Cswap/swap partition error?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Guhum

[Solved DiY gang] Cswap/swap partition error?

Post by Guhum »

So after disabling the boot logo (splash screen? boot screen?) to make boot up a little faster, you get this scroll of stuff that's booting up right?
Everything has the green [OK] next to it except 7-8 of them that had to do with some encryption or encrypted "cswap" that wasnt on my computer.
Yellow [DEPEND]s (lol) and [FAILED]s for failed executables all based on that partition. It hasnt affected my experience at all, and is nothing but some ocd/I-wonder-if-its-interesting

I searched the forum for "cswap" and the only results were how to create encrypted files/partitions. If I google cswap results are usually about swap even "cswap" and if I add "cswap" mint the results arent really more information about what it is but how to encrypt your files. So I thought its probably a tool I just dont have that encrypts stuff, but its nice to see all Green [OK]s all through the boot screen, so my questions is two-three parts.

-If I get this cswap application, would that be enough to end the errors.
-I did the "encrypt /home folder" option on installation, does it need cswap to encrypt? And is actually not encrypted right now?
-Is there a resource to find out more about cswap or should I just get a better understanding of what a swap partition is, why there are none on my Mint (unless its called tmpf, of which I have plenty and i'll figure it out naturally (basically ignore it cause its useless/boring and not for beginners?
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Big edit: So I found the same issues almost right above my post being discussed and mindlesslessly (hope to understand it all somebody but just the terminology makes me crosseyed) typed in the code to get home encryption install and cswap to be friends, Stll get two errors on restart since I guess it doesnt recognize /dev/dm0 as a swap device?Brand new 1 [Failed] message and 1 [Depend] message. And i read on that same thread that its best to have your swap at 20% of your memory but mine reads "2.0G" which is 50% of my RAM so is that ok?
Gonna go stare at "what is swap" articles for a bit
I
Thanks,

P.S: Still reading the Mint Manual
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”