Display Sleep

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
maeks84
Level 1
Level 1

Display Sleep

Post by maeks84 »

I have a problem with my displays going to sleep with Linux Mint 19 MATE. I've installed xscreensaver and have the display power management options all set to 1 minute for testing purposes. The displays sleep fine, immediately after setting the options. However, once I wake the displays, they will not go back to sleep if I have done anything, like open Firefox. (They do if all I do is wake them and wait.) What I find interesting is that by going to the xscreensaver settings, checking them (without changing anything), closing them, and waiting... The display always goes to sleep after the set time. Even if Firefox is still open.

Any thoughts on this? Is there a command to see what is keeping the displays awake?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”