Access Denied - Sucuri Website Firewall

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dhdurgee
Level 4
Level 4

Access Denied - Sucuri Website Firewall

Post by dhdurgee »

I ran into a strange problem earlier today, mintupdate stopped working. Looking at its log file in /tmp I see:

Code: Select all

01.21@10:31 ++ Launching mintUpdate 
01.21@10:31 ++ Starting refresh 
01.21@10:31 ++ Initial refresh will happen in 10 minutes, 0 hours and 0 days 
01.21@10:31 -- Exception occurred in the refresh thread: <class 'subprocess.CalledProcessError'> 
01.21@10:31 ++ Starting refresh (including refreshing the APT cache) 
01.21@10:31 -- Exception occurred in the refresh thread: <class 'subprocess.CalledProcessError'> 
Thinking I might find something about this on the forums I tried searching for "Exception occurred in the refresh thread: <class 'subprocess.CalledProcessError'> " and instead of the results I get the message in the subject line. I have attached a pdf with the image to this post. Is this something you need to fix?

Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Access Denied - Sucuri Website Firewall

Post by gm10 »

The Sucuri message is just because you were searching for something that could be understood as html/xml. It saves them having to ensure the forum software is secure I suppose.

Regarding the Update Manager error, to see what's actually wrong please run in a terminal window:

apt update
and see if it produces an error message. If it doesn't, run this instead:

/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate/checkAPT.py
Also please always post output of

inxi -Fxz
dhdurgee
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dhdurgee »

AH, I was wondering why the strange error. I restarted the system and am no longer having the probem. I will check further as suggested if I encounter the problem again.

Dave
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Even better. You can mark the thread as SOLVED then (edit the first post's subject line). :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”