Steam Game Won't Fullscreen

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
nixnuc
Level 1
Level 1

Steam Game Won't Fullscreen

Post by nixnuc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi All,

Complete noob to Mint (and Linux). I'm running Mint 19 Cinnamon on an Intel NUC8i5BEK.

When I run S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in Steam, it opens as a window in the top left of my desktop; it does not display the entire game in this window, rather just a section of the game (it's as if the game IS running full screen, but only displaying the top-left corner while the other 3 corners are of my desktop).

When I alt-tab and scroll to the program icon on the taskbar and click "Maximize", nothing happens. I've only gotten it to go fullscreen twice...once when I was spamming maximize and alt-tabbing in and out, and once when the Cinnamon environment crashed and the system asked if I wanted to restart it.

I've tried editing the game's config file in its Steam folder to run at my native resolution, force fullscreen, etc. but nothing works.

Help!

Return to “Newbie Questions”