Battery charge/discharge cycles count

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
amogh123789
Level 1
Level 1

Battery charge/discharge cycles count

Post by amogh123789 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:47 pm

Hi,

is there any tool/command for knowing how many charge/discharge cycles I have used for my battery?
The "Power statistics" tool tells me that my battery is at 95% of design efficiency, but doesn't tell the discharge cycles used. I read somewhere that a battery can handle only about 500 cycles if incorrectly used, so just wanted to know what is my current count after roughly 2 years of use.
LM 19.1 Cinnamon 64 bit
HP 15q-BU004TU - Core i3 - 4 GB ram

kato181
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Battery charge/discharge cycles count

Post by kato181 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:15 am

You'll only get that info either from the manufacturer of the battery.
You would have to know the exact number of times you had it on charge, how many times you ran it flat, and if you only use the power point and remove the battery...So many instances of things control it..
You could try doing a search on the manufacturers site to see if they have anything like that to help you, but remember no two batteries are the same, thats why no manufacturers can put an exact number on the amount recycles the battery can do before it dies..
Everything is an approximation.

Return to “Newbie Questions”