[SOLVED] Using Notepadqq as the default in Filezilla

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Moonraker
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] Using Notepadqq as the default in Filezilla

Post by Moonraker »

EDIT:

Okay, here's what finally worked in Filezilla to use Notepadqq as the default editor (example for .htm files):

htm "/var/lib/flatpak/exports/bin/com.notepadqq.Notepadqq"

Some keywords for anyone else who may be searching on this exact same issue:

filezilla command path flatpak notepadqq settings filetype associations custom filetype

I'm running Mint 19.1 and my question is in regards to setting a default editor for text files in FIlezilla.

Currently I have xed 2.02 sitting on the desktop and I managed to get it to be the default editor in Filezilla to use when I open a text file.

Xed is a little too limited for my use, so I installed Notepadqq via Flatpak (from the Software Manager). It's also sitting on the desktop.

Try as I might, I can't get it to be the default editor for text files in Filezilla. Clicking on the Properties menu item, it shows me this:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=notepadqq --file-forwarding com.notepadqq.Notepadqq @@u %U @@
I've tried about a bazillion different ways to get Filezilla to use it, but Filezilla always complains that it can't find Notepadqq. The same kinds of settings that work to use xed as the default don't work for Notepadqq.

This is what works to use xed as the default editor in Filezilla:

htm "/usr/bin/xed"
txt "/usr/bin/xed"

How do I set this to use Notepadqq the default editor for text files in Filezilla? No matter what I use, it pops up this error when I try to save the Filezilla settings:

Associated program not found:
/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=notepadqq --file-forwarding com.notepadqq.Notepadqq @@u %U @@

What would be the command to enter into the Filezilla setup dialog?

I suspect this may be due to the fact that it was installed as a Flatpak file, but I don't really know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The future isn't what it used to be.
redlined

Re: [SOLVED] Using Notepadqq as the default in Filezilla

Post by redlined »

great sleuthing Moonraker!

and thank you for report the fix! I am a long time filezilla fan and supporter (best server ever, imo, from my windows days). I confess I had looked at your issue but had no idea what could be going wrong and since I'm not using any flatpak's had no clue how to map such as you sorted- so I am appreciating your issue and your discovered solution- thanks 8)

Return to “Beginner Questions”