Wireless now unavailable

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
snugthejoiner

Wireless now unavailable

Post by snugthejoiner »

Brand new to Linux Mint.

OS installed correctly. Wireless was initially available on my Lenovo.

Must have messed up something when looking at Driver Manager. Wireless now unavailable. Tried to Reset within the Mint Network software. Didn't work. Reset the router and have rebooted. NADA.

I have the name of the Network Adapter on the Lenovo. Any troubleshooting help would be appreciated.

Glenn
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Wireless now unavailable

Post by sleeper12 »

Only a guess, but is there a wifi switch or keyboard key that may be off? See here:
https://ccit.college.columbia.edu/knowl ... vo-laptops

Also, click the connection icon lower right tray & be sure 'Enable Wi-Fi' is checked.
snugthejoiner

Post by snugthejoiner »

Thanks for the reply. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Prior to messing around with the Driver Manager, I had used Timeshift to create a backup. I don't know whether this was prescient but it certainly was fortunate. I just needed to figure out how run RESTORE. Whew! I'm back in business.

Glenn
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Post by sleeper12 »

Good....Timeshift has saved me a few times as well. :wink:

Return to “Beginner Questions”