Update Manager [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gdj

Update Manager [SOLVED]

Post by gdj »

I installed Mint and it seems to be working correctly. I then managed to install Wine to run a couple of windows programs. I installed my windows programs using Wine and they appear to be working correctly.

However when I use the update manger I get the message

GPG error: https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu bionic InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 76F1A20FF987672FThe repository 'https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu bionic InRelease' is not signed.

If I close the message and refresh Update manager it then gives the message my system is up to date. Next time start up my laptop I again get the above message.

I have not been able to find a solution to this problem and would be grateful for any suggestion as to what I should do.

Thanks GDJ
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Update Manager

Post by gm10 »

That means you added the WineHQ repository, but not the public key for it. It also means you are unlikely to have installed Wine from that repository and instead installed the version that Linux Mint ships with.

You can check your currently active Wine version by running:

Code: Select all

wine --version
If the version is 3.x instead of 4.x then I suggest you simply remove the WineHQ repository again. You can do so in the Software Sources tool, accessible from the main Mint menu or Update Manager's Edit menu. Just find the WineHQ entry on the Additional Repositories tab, select it and click the button to remove it.
gdj

Re: Update Manager

Post by gdj »

Thank very much gm10 for your explanation. I found I have version 3 running. So I followed your suggestion it appears to have sorted the issue.

Return to “Beginner Questions”