Wifi problems on Lenovo X201

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
starplanet

Wifi problems on Lenovo X201

Post by starplanet »

I have a Lenovo X201.
It was perfect - until recently.
Now, I always have BIG problems connecting the Wifi.

It has a slide switch to turn the Wifi on and off.
Sometimes, if I slide on and off, it works and I can connect.
Now, most times... doesnt work.

Other laptops and machines connect tot he Wifi fine.

The problem is... I got another X201 for someone else.
While setting it up... I had similar problems - I setup Linux and then then ran update for everything.

I'm guessing: is it the latest Mint Updates??

What do I do?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Wifi problems on Lenovo X201

Post by JoeFootball »

starplanet wrote:What do I do?
Some wireless issues can be tricky, but some easy. Ideas...

1. It would be helpful for others if you could post the output of the following Terminal command...

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
...so that you can share the specs of your system. Before submitting it here, highlight/select the text and hit the </> button to apply the Code tags to it, making it easier for others to read.

2. Browse/search the Wireless topic, which has lots of information on similar problems.

3. Have a look through these ideas from the Easy Linux Tips Project.

Joe

Return to “Beginner Questions”