Nightmare with clean install updates

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
deanr72
Level 3
Level 3

Nightmare with clean install updates

Post by deanr72 »

For some reason I'm having a nightmare today trying to install a clean, working version of Mint 18.3. I've tried both Cinnamon and Mint and despite the installation going smoothly the problems start when I try to update.

ALL mirrors are unreachable and/or I'm getting cannot fetch update messages, fail to download. Settings are default so I haven't played around with anything or screwed it up unintentionally. Anyway, now I'm trying Cinnamon 18.3 again and half the updates now seem to be working - but none from linuxmint.com.

Can any help help with this latest dilemma? It really is doing my head in as I was expecting to spend an hour at most setting up and. It's now nearly 5pm and I started an 8:00 am this morning ffs.

P.S. By the way, I've tried changing to local mirrors, checking connect is 'direct to internet' not via a VPN, connecting to my phone as a hotspot - all ideas suggested online. Nothing has made a difference.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-02-25 16-24-24.png

Return to “Newbie Questions”