[Solved] How to add libreoffice writer's .docx template to right click menu?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
SamLearnsLinux
Level 3
Level 3

[Solved] How to add libreoffice writer's .docx template to right click menu?

Post by SamLearnsLinux » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:06 am

I want to add .docx document to my Right click menu > Create New Document so that I can create .docx documents wherever I want

But I am only able to save and create templates in .ott format

Is there a solution to this?
Last edited by SamLearnsLinux on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: How to add libreoffice writer's .docx template to right click menu?

Post by xenopeek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:43 am

1. Create a new document in Writer.
2. Use "Save As" from the file menu and change the format to .docx and give it a name you want.
3. Put the file in the Templates directory in your home directory.

Just a regular file. Templates directory doesn't do anything magical; it's just a directory with files that will copied to where you create a new file of that type.

You can also structure your Templates directory with subdirectories, which will appear as a submenu in the create new document context menu.

SamLearnsLinux
Level 3
Level 3

Re: How to add libreoffice writer's .docx template to right click menu?

Post by SamLearnsLinux » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:02 am

xenopeek wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:43 am
1. Create a new document in Writer.
2. Use "Save As" from the file menu and change the format to .docx and give it a name you want.
3. Put the file in the Templates directory in your home directory.

Just a regular file. Templates directory doesn't do anything magical; it's just a directory with files that will copied to where you create a new file of that type.

You can also structure your Templates directory with subdirectories, which will appear as a submenu in the create new document context menu.
Thank you! Solved!

Return to “Newbie Questions”