Tweaks to the system

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
wd0d
Level 1
Level 1

Tweaks to the system

Post by wd0d »

Just installed Mint 19.1 on external ssd and am trying to customize certain aspects. I cannot find any explanation on how to enable single click selection on this distribution. Is this an option?

Thank you.

wd0d

kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Tweaks to the system

Post by kyphi »

In Cinnamon, open Files (in your main menu), click on Edit, open Preferences, Behaviour ... and there is the option to use single click.
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon - 64bit

majpooper
Level 6
Level 6

Post by majpooper »

wd0d wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:12 pm
Just installed Mint 19.1 on external ssd and am trying to customize certain aspects. I cannot find any explanation on how to enable single click selection on this distribution. Is this an option?

Thank you.

wd0d
Go to System Settings - it's in the menu. Open it and click on each and every icon and adjust the settings however you wish - I personally turn off all the bells and whistles for what I perceive as better performance.

Then go here ( a web-site maintained by Pjotr one of the most knowledgeable members of this forum) there are many good suggestions on how to make optimize Mint. After I do a fresh install of Mint I go to Pjotr's web site and apply all the steps he recommends.
https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... urity.html

wd0d
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wd0d »

Thanks kyphi, simple when you know the path to follow.

wd0d

Return to “Newbie Questions”