[SOLVED] Strange display bugs in Firefox window only

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
littlehuman
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Strange display bugs in Firefox window only

Post by littlehuman »

Hi All,

Quite strange issue on a new laptop I have for a few months now.

When using FF, sometimes appear and disappear these strange squares in the upper left corner (image not edited) :
Screenshot from 2019-07-01 19-12-02.png
They clearly come and go randomly but it's changing as I move the mouse hover some links or menu, and this happen some days only...
  • They appear only in FF windows upper left corner, never on any other windows.
  • They appear relative to the FF window, so not in the same place of the screen depending on FF window is maximized or not.
  • If I take a screenshot they do not appear in it, I had to take a picture.
Any idea ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Vs lbh nfxrq Oehpr Fpuarvre gb qrpelcg guvf, ur'q pehfu lbhe fxhyy jvgu uvf ynhtu.
littlehuman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Strange display bugs in Firefox window only

Post by littlehuman »

In FF preferences, after unchecking "Use recommended performance settings" and "Use hardware acceleration when available", closing FF, reopen it, activating these options again, close/reopen, the problem seems to be fixed. I will follow-up this and mark this thread as solved if it does not occur again during the next few days.
Vs lbh nfxrq Oehpr Fpuarvre gb qrpelcg guvf, ur'q pehfu lbhe fxhyy jvgu uvf ynhtu.
littlehuman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Strange display bugs in Firefox window only

Post by littlehuman »

No more issue since I've done the little "reset" described above. Quite strange.

Return to “Beginner Questions”