keyboard / clicks unresponsive

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Fizz
Level 4
Level 4

Re: keyboard / clicks unresponsive

Post by Fizz »

Thought i would update this. I continued to experience some random freezes. However, at the moment i am running with kernel 5, and the only grub parameter i have added is rcu_nocbs=0-7. Since then, seems quite stable. I've been up for nearly 15 days now, no freezes / crashes.

-Fizz
MarkTheMorose
Level 2
Level 2

Re: keyboard / clicks unresponsive

Post by MarkTheMorose »

I get them too, once per session it seems. However, in a change to previous behaviour, if I just wait 10 or 15 seconds, I'm finding that it will recover. There have been a few kernel updates and such since my earlier posts, but I've no idea really what has 'fixed' this.

That said, just this week I had a freeze that didn't recover. For a change, it was in Thunderbird rather than Firefox, and although I waited around for half a minute or so, it didn't recover this time. On a sample size of one, I can't draw much of a conclusion.

Return to “Newbie Questions”