Bluetooth doesn't detect android phone

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
zealbert
Level 1
Level 1

Bluetooth doesn't detect android phone

Post by zealbert »

Hello,
I have a "Plugable" USB bluetooth dongle for my linux mint 19 Mate 64 bit desktop; I removed blueberry, which couldn't detect the phone, and installed blueman; same thing, it doesn't find it when I click "search". My phone is a Samsung galaxy 7 active. I checked in the terminal, and it does say that bluetooth is "active" and "running".
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Bluetooth doesn't detect android phone

Post by Hoser Rob »

I'd try gsconnect, which is a port of kdeconnect for non KDE DEs like Mate, see here:

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/11/con ... -gsconnect
Plugable_David
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Plugable_David »

I'm the product manager for this adapter at Plugable, and for now I don't recommend adding any other software. Linux Mint works well with our adapter with the stock Bluetooth interface, and so there is likely another problem here unconnected to the software. I'm currently working with the OP (he has reached out to us directly) and will post the solution here once we find it.

David Roberts
Plugable Technologies
Plugable_David
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Plugable_David »

The problem was resolved when we were able to make the Samsung Galaxy 7 discoverable by opening the Bluetooth settings on the phone.

David Roberts
Plugable Technologies

Return to “Newbie Questions”