[Solved] Bug reporting for iCloud mail.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Shiratori
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Bug reporting for iCloud mail.

Post by Shiratori » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:51 am

We have read the whole story. The problem was a comprehension one at your end, not ours.

You should go back and re-read your own posts in this thread. The rest of the posts were basic troubleshooting to find out the cause of the issue, which ended up being nothing to do with Linux and all you can do is call those who helped you half-wits? Take a good long look in the mirror, matey!

Bara-Bus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Bara-Bus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:55 am

Half wits...I never said that, But seeings as everyone thinks I'm in the wrong, carry on.. It's your forum. do what you like but clarity is not your forte.

decrepit
Level 3
Level 3

Post by decrepit » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:04 am

Bara-Bus wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:55 am
I'm a little old and have difficulty dealing with halfwits always making silly comments and not getting to the point. If Linuxmint wants to be succesful it needs to weed out stupid comments to people making genuine investigations. That's why I come and go with Linuxmint, so many halfwits it's sometimes not
Looks like you said halfwits to me

catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:16 am

Bara-Bus wrote:
Half wits...I never said that ... clarity is not your forte.
Bara-Bus wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:39 pm
I'm a little old and have difficulty dealing with halfwits
You wrote it. More than once. Grow up and act civilised. You could try to be slightly nicer to a community of volunteers that works very hard to give you, and everyone else, a completely free operating system. Do you treat other volunteers like that? Sure, there are bugs and some things are frustrating, but you really should reconsider how you talk to people who give their spare time to you.
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

Shiratori
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Shiratori » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:21 am

Bara-Bus wrote:
Half wits...I never said that
Shiratori wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:51 am
You should go back and re-read your own posts in this thread.

karlchen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by karlchen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:49 am

OK, dear folks.

The root cause has been found and eliminated. The root cause was not on the Linux Mint side this time. Be happy and enjoy iCloud mail on Linux Mint.
Thank you very much to all those, who participated in this thread.
To those who identified the root cause of the reported issue.
And to those, too, who initially tried to figure out what was going on and to get a clearer picture of the situation.
After all, non of us is sitting in front of a thread starter's screen and seeing what he sees.

There is little point in blaming the users, who tried their best to understand and analyze the situation and to help solve the problem, for not hitting the nail on its head on first try.

In order to prevent this thread from turning into a pub brawl pretty soon, this thread will be locked now.

Karl
Linux Mint 19.2 32-bit xfce Desktop, Total Commander 9.22a 32-bit
Haß gleicht einer Krankheit, dem Miserere, wo man vorne herausgibt, was eigentlich hinten wegsollte. (Goethe)

Return to “Newbie Questions”