Upgrade question

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gto52

Upgrade question

Post by gto52 »

If I upgrade from 19.1 to 19.2 will all my settings/tweaks that I did in the link below stay the same or must I redo all of them?

https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... namon.html
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Upgrade question

Post by Larry78723 »

I followed the same recommendations and all of mine stayed the same.
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
gto52

Post by gto52 »

Larry78723 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am I followed the same recommendations and all of mine stayed the same.
Thanks
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, gto52.

None of the tweaks, recommended by Pjotr, which you have applied, should be affected by -inplace upgrading from Mint 19.1 to Mint 19.2 through Update Manager (Edit => Upgrade system to "Linux Mint 19.2")

In case you have added PPA's and additional repositories to your software sources, then I would recommend verifying after the upgrade that all theses PPA's and additional repositories are still listed and enabled in Software Sources.

Best regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Beginner Questions”