All Gurus once were Newbies
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
- Level 1
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:00 pm
Good morning, I hope someone can help with what is undoubtedly a simple issue but beyond me. I am very new to Mint.
I opened my Updater to update 11 items the system said needed updating. I then got a message that some other programs would be updated as well. I selected OK and got an error message that I am not familiar with:
Code: Select all
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
What do I do to remove this and allow the updates?
Moem, Thank you so much for your help and for your quick reply. I followed your directions and everything went as smoothly as it could. Best for your week.
Last edited by UNMO1
on Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Level 19
- Posts: 9216
- Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:14 am
- Location: The Netherlands
Here's what you do:
- Close the Update Manager.
- Open a terminal. One way to do that is by typing
- Copy the command below. Select it and press
- Paste the command into the terminal window. The easiest way to do that is by leftclicking inside the terminal window and then clicking your middle mouse button. Press
- You will be prompted for your password. Type it and press
That should fix it. Close the terminal window and try the update again.
If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!