Proxy and port issues with Linux Mint and Python Anaconda Distribution

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
rushilotti
Level 1
Level 1

Proxy and port issues with Linux Mint and Python Anaconda Distribution

Post by rushilotti » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:27 pm

I had Proxy issues and Port issues when I am trying to use Anaconda Python Distribution on Linux mint.

Here is the Error.

Code: Select all

raise ProxyError(e, request=request)
    requests.exceptions.ProxyError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='repo.anaconda.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /pkgs/main/linux-64/current_repodata.json (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f3bad0238d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known')))

raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
    urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='repo.anaconda.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /pkgs/main/linux-64/current_repodata.json (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f2ebfefb8d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known')))
When I installed Linux mint I had port issues with ppas and @gm10 told me to run this command at that time and the issues are gone. Here is the link to the post.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=286112&p=1582586#p1582586

These are the commands I ran at that time and they fixed my issue by fixing my Port number to 80. Atleast that is what I noticed .

sudo curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxmint/mintsources/07eda79df60c7285baf4700f984b06c327b45740/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintSources/mintSources.py -o /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintSources/mintSources.py
But right now for a few days Anaconda Python Distribution is show me the Proxy error some thing like 443 and I think my laptop is on port 80 . Maybe that is causing the error.

I tried my school network as well as other network but the problem is same with anaconda.
Here is the full error when i tied to install tensorflow with conda

https://pastebin.com/UhbDV6gd

conda update conda
the update command also didnt work

Is there a way to fix this Proxy port issue without disturbing the ppas ??

Any help will be helpful.

rushilotti
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Proxy and port issues with Linux Mint and Python Anaconda Distribution

Post by rushilotti » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:33 pm

I deleted .conda and .condarc and downloads are working but is there a way to unchage the port numbers??

rushilotti
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Proxy and port issues with Linux Mint and Python Anaconda Distribution

Post by rushilotti » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:50 pm

Ok I think I have issues with either .condarc or my network or both and because when i deleted .condarc on other networks conda is working but not on my school network and I dont know why but it used to work well before .

Return to “Newbie Questions”