Imlib error in .xsession-error

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Imlib error in .xsession-error

Post by RemonK » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:00 pm

Since a few weeks i had problems with a laggy Mint, cpu's that ran hotter then normal, fans with higher rpm and a lot of IO to disk. Did some googling around to try to find out what it could be and learned about the 'trail' function in the terminal. So i trailed some logs and when i did a trail on .xsession-errors i found out that a desktop applet was spamming my .xsession-errors log excessively!! It ran in the gigabytes in no-time! :shock:

Code: Select all

(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.853: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StScrollBar' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 6,00
(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.853: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StBoxLayout' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 0,00
(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.859: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StScrollBar' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 6,00
(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.859: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StBoxLayout' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 0,00
(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.883: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StScrollBar' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 6,00
(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.883: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StBoxLayout' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 0,00
(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.888: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StScrollBar' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 6,00
(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.888: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StBoxLayout' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 0,00
(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.902: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StScrollBar' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 6,00
(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.902: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StBoxLayout' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 0,00
(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.919: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StScrollBar' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 6,00
(cinnamon:1999): Clutter-WARNING **: 12:08:17.920: clutter-actor.c:10055: Actor 'StBoxLayout' tried to allocate a size of -6,00 x 0,00
After removing all my conky's, desklets, applets and panel tools it almost stopped at the very last one: Show Desktop++
After a reboot i did a tail on .xsession-errors and nothing came in! Finally!! Immediately i noticed that my system was way more responsive, the cpu's were about 15/20 degrees cooler, fans slowed down to silence and IO to disk was only a quarter from what it was!
I left my system running with only the tail on .xsessions-errors and when i came back from work there was only 1 line added. So, yesterday with the tail open i started one-by-one adding my applets and tools back to my desktop and everything went fine until i started SoundBox.
The massive spamming began again, but with another error about imlib..

***** Imlib2 Developer Warning ***** :
	This program is calling the Imlib call:

imlib_free_image();

With the parameter:

being NULL. Please fix your program.

imlib_blend_image_onto_image();

With the parameter:

source_image

imlib_free_image();

With the parameter:

imlib_blend_image_onto_image();

With the parameter:

source_image

Even when i removed it and uninstalled it, the log spamming went on! So i did a reboot and the spamming stopped!
My first question would be if this is an imlib problem or does this come from the soundbox applet??

I still see some errors passing by, but nothing i'm scared of, nemo produces a lot if i play around with it!
But my concern is why the log system lets an applet or program spam the logs with gigabytes of lines?? Why not after lets say 100 lines the user gets a notice and the applet is terminated? I had a similar experience when i just had Mint installed with the firewall log and that went very bad and in minutes my filesystem had 0% free space and my system did not fire up again! As a newby to linux, this was lunatix! ;)
I almost went back to windows... almost..... BUT I DIDN'T!! :mrgreen:
Is there something i can do to prevent a logfile from growing above a given limit?
Het leven is net een kartbaan; Sensatie, adrenaline en veel te snel voorbij!
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Imlib error in .xsession-error

Post by RemonK » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:40 am

This morning i had that imlib error spamming my log again! And now it went gone when i stopped all the conky scripts. But on enabling them one-by-one the error did not came back... i don't get it?? Is this an imlib problem? The log does not provide me with any hint at a program or script that causes the error, so i don't know where to look?
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

zcot
Level 5
Level 5

Post by zcot » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:14 pm

I would suggest it's not an internal imlib problem.

Try to pin it down to some conky config but entirely without using SoundBox. And then do the opposite. And if you can't find anything then you're sure it must be a combination. -like only when imlib is being used by SoundBox, then some particular conky config is causing this condition, and you can work from that point if that ends to be the case.

I've seen a lot of documentation and conky configs circulating with a pretty low value for imlib_cache_size. And these errors coming out from NULL pointers would seem to be a problem every single time that resource was dealt with if it was a true problem with some programming or script. But maybe it comes into play with multiple imlib usage and it all reaches some boiling point.

If you will run each conky config from a terminal command and not detach it, it would show an error about that situation if there's some buggy scripting issue.

You could conky -c ~/.conky/whatever.conf command and see errors on the terminal if it's exactly related to conky anyway.

Is SoundBox using WINE? I'm not familiar with SoundBox.

RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:16 am

No soundbox is an applet i used to use (not anymore since the error) that not only display volume bars, but also display the controls of a player that runs in the background.
I will try to open all the conky scripts apart in a terminal and wait untill the error pops up! Did not think of that, thanx.
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:25 am

When i start a script from terminal it starts the script and gets back to the prompt.... how can i start that script so the terminal stays active watching the script?
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

zcot
Level 5
Level 5

Post by zcot » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 am

as an example from above, or don't use & at the end of the command anyway.

RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:24 am

I use conky -c /path/scriptname into the terminal and when the script is started it turns back to the prompt. With other programs it works this way, but apparently not with conky??
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

zcot
Level 5
Level 5

Post by zcot » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:32 pm

RemonK wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:24 am
I use conky -c /path/scriptname into the terminal and when the script is started it turns back to the prompt. With other programs it works this way, but apparently not with conky??
It will show a few conky messages right away, and then hold the terminal in captivity with the conky process until you stop it (ie. crtl+c).

zcot@zcot-MF-4529:~$ conky -c ~/.conky/lua-testing/.conkyrc
conky: desktop window (1000003) is subwindow of root window (165)
conky: window type - normal
conky: drawing to created window (0x4e00002)
conky: drawing to double buffer
^Cconky: received SIGINT or SIGTERM to terminate. bye!
If that doesn't happen, then there's an issue with conky or the config.

just test with: conky and it will load the default config. ;)

RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:01 pm

It keeps getting stranger and stranger! :shock:

If i start conky on the terminal it is version 1.10.8
If i look at the gui info it says version 2.4
If i start scripts in the gui all the scripts run without problems.. at least, they run and i did not know better or they run fine
If i start one of those scripts in terminal i get an error:

conky: Syntax error (/home/admin/.conky/test/1:2: unexpected symbol near '#') while reading config file. 
conky: Assuming it's in old syntax and attempting conversion.
conky: desktop window (3600025) is subwindow of root window (515)
conky: window type - dock
conky: drawing to created window (0x4c00002)
conky: forked to background, pid is 23462
I copied all the scripts in a test map and renamed them 1 to 9. I start script '1' and asume the '2' after the error is on line 2 then there is a "#" and near that is a space and some text. Why does it look at that line? I thought, seeing other scripts, that the # symbol was for commenting out. Clearly not..? But the script still runs!

So i removed the text behind the # symbol, but keeps nagging. Then removed all the # symbols from the script and then it says:

conky: Syntax error (/home/admin/.conky/test/1:1: '=' expected near 'yes') while reading config file. 
:roll:
So i placed a "=" between 'background' and 'yes'. Next i had to place a "=" between 'double_buffer' and 'yes', so i did. Now the script isn't running anymore.. do i have to put a "=" between all?? Why did it run perfectly in the gui but terminal has problems with it?
And is it normal to have 2 different version in terminal and gui?

This is one of the scripts:

# **********************************************************************
# "CPU Usage Graph "
# **********************************************************************

background yes
double_buffer yes

alignment top_right

border_width 1
cpu_avg_samples 2
default_color white
default_outline_color black
default_shade_color BBBBBB
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders yes
draw_outline no
draw_shades no

gap_x 436
gap_y -691
net_avg_samples 2
no_buffers yes
out_to_console no
out_to_stderr no
extra_newline no

own_window yes
own_window_type dock
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_colour 000000
own_window_argb_visual yes
own_window_argb_value 0
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

minimum_size 225 0
stippled_borders 0
update_interval 0.5
uppercase no
use_spacer none

show_graph_scale no
show_graph_range no

use_xft yes
xftalpha 0.1
xftfont Noto Sans:bold:size=9
color0 white
color1 EAEAEA
color2 FFA300
color3 grey

TEXT
#
# CPU0 Graph (big) 
#
${offset 9}${color 202020}${cpugraph cpu0 46,214 002515 00FFDD -t}
#
# CPU1/2/3/4 Graph (small)
#
${font Noto Sans:bold:size=12}${color 624962}${voffset -68}${offset 35}1 ${offset 39}2 ${offset 39}3 ${offset 40}4 ${font}
  ${voffset -8}${offset 4}${color 000000}\
  ${cpugraph cpu1 15,41 3033539 00FFDD  scale -t} \
   ${cpugraph cpu2 15,41 303539 00FFDD scale -t} \
   ${cpugraph cpu3 15,41 303539 00FFDD scale -t} \
   ${cpugraph cpu4 15,41 303539 00FFDD scale -t}
#
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

Gruppo Sportivo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Gruppo Sportivo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:58 pm

You're using an old syntax,convert to new 1.10 syntax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrCTCRN-Qko

RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:20 pm

I wached it twice and second time at half speed, but have no clue what he did there??? :shock:
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

zcot
Level 5
Level 5

Post by zcot » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:11 pm

RemonK wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:01 pm
If i start conky on the terminal it is version 1.10.8
If i look at the gui info it says version 2.4
Ok, good info.

conky 1.10.8 is fine. That's a proper setup.

And btw, there is no gui for conky. I think you might be confusing a 3rd party program which is only a manager for dealing with conky. The 2.4 version is quite old and does not support any of the modern 1.10 conky configs. There is a "2.6" version if you are interested. See here: https://github.com/zcot/conky-manager2

Let me explain what Gruppo Sportivo is mentioning.

That cpu config example you are running is using the pre 1.10 syntax, however this current up-to-date version of conky does indeed recognize older configs and will use the convert functionality. But on some occasions it might fail, since it ultimately depends on what configuration specifics are in use. In some cases there's not a way to convert the older syntax correctly to the new one without user intervention.

So what Gruppo Sportivo is showing, is how someone is taking an "old file" and using the "convert" script, which is provided by the developer of conky, to create a converted "new file" with the appropriate syntax.

But you are not required to do that unless you want to deal with it.

Many times, even most times, the integrated convert script will work without a problem, and in fact you do not even NEED to convert. You can see the output message from conky and it is saying:

conky: Syntax error (/home/zcot/.conky/testRemonK:2: unexpected symbol near '#') while reading config file. 
And that is the normal operation. At first it encounters a syntax error, but then it changes into convert mode and will almost always run perfectly anyway.

The reason your script is returning to the terminal is the line at the top:
background yes
So, comment that out, and it will act accordingly.

But also, btw, these combinations are not a good choice:
alignment top_right
gap_x 436
gap_y -691

This marking is off of the screen. (-691)

I changed it to:
gap_x 0
gap_y 0

and now it runs fine, and the automatic conversion has no problem with it.

This is a proper example of what to do before I disabled the "background yes" line. It shows how a conky process was still running in the background with the config using this "background" option:

zcot@zcot-MF-4529:~$ conky -c ~/.conky/testRemonK 
conky: Syntax error (/home/zcot/.conky/testRemonK:2: unexpected symbol near '#') while reading config file. 
conky: desktop window (1000003) is subwindow of root window (165)
conky: window type - dock
conky: drawing to created window (0x4e00002)
conky: forked to background, pid is 15792
zcot@zcot-MF-4529:~$ 
^C
zcot@zcot-MF-4529:~$ pkill conky
conky: received SIGINT or SIGTERM to terminate. bye!
zcot@zcot-MF-4529:~$ 
If you do not get rid of the leftover conky process then it is left lingering around in the system.
This is probably where the source of the issue has come up. ;) -after stopping and/or restarting some configurations you end up with a bunch of unhandled conky processes linger around.

If you did want to look into the manual conversion process, the info is here: https://github.com/brndnmtthws/conky/wi ... igurations

You could check each script you are running for the "background yes" line and comment that out. This way you can directly see the output and possibly find a problem in one of these configs(although this one appears to be fine and it is not directly using any imlib calls). It might just be that if you were starting/stopping conky multiple times that it ended up with so many lost conky processes running on top of each other in the system.

RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:39 pm

zcot wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:11 pm
conky 1.10.8 is fine. That's a proper setup.

And btw, there is no gui for conky. I think you might be confusing a 3rd party program which is only a manager for dealing with conky. The 2.4 version is quite old and does not support any of the modern 1.10 conky configs. There is a "2.6" version if you are interested. See here: https://github.com/zcot/conky-manager2
Indeed, when i looked again at version info i saw the titel "conky Manager"! :roll: :lol:
So i guessed it was only a shell build around the terminal command conky..

zcot wrote:So what Gruppo Sportivo is showing, is how someone is taking an "old file" and using the "convert" script, which is provided by the developer of conky, to create a converted "new file" with the appropriate syntax.
Ok, i get that now because i did also some google work of my own, but at that moment it went way too fast and with no explanation it was abracadabra for me! ;)
I found a convert script on github but i almost pulled my hair out because that did not work in the first place... little did i know i had to start it with lua?! But all my scripts are converted at this moment.. and only one of them still has an error in it, but i think i alreay know what it is. The only problem i had was that the manager did not recognize the new scripts, but you just helpt me with that, so i have to download the 2.6 version, thanx! ;)

zycot wrote:Many times, even most times, the integrated convert script will work without a problem, and in fact you do not even NEED to convert. You can see the output message from conky and it is saying:

And that is the normal operation. At first it encounters a syntax error, but then it changes into convert mode and will almost always run perfectly anyway.
That changing into convert mode did not work in my case.. it just started the script with those errors..

zycot wrote:The reason your script is returning to the terminal is the line at the top:
background yes
So, comment that out, and it will act accordingly.
Thank you for that!! I was wondering what that did, i thought it had something to do with backgroundcolor/transparancy.. :roll: :wink:
Why not call it background_process or start_background or something like that?

zycot wrote:But also, btw, these combinations are not a good choice:
alignment top_right
gap_x 436
gap_y -691
That is for appearing onto my second display. I don't know how to address my script to show on my second display, so i did it the dirty way and that worked! :mrgreen: But i can understand if conky has a problem with it..

zycot wrote:If you do not get rid of the leftover conky process then it is left lingering around in the system.
This is probably where the source of the issue has come up. ;) -after stopping and/or restarting some configurations you end up with a bunch of unhandled conky processes linger around.
No i don't think so. I can see if 2 or more instances are running. The scripts have a % of transparancy and if 2 scripts are running at the same time the color grey for example becomes more white! That is were the manager comes in handy, it has a big red kill all scripts button! ;)

zycot wrote:You could check each script you are running for the "background yes" line and comment that out. This way you can directly see the output and possibly find a problem in one of these configs(although this one appears to be fine and it is not directly using any imlib calls). It might just be that if you were starting/stopping conky multiple times that it ended up with so many lost conky processes running on top of each other in the system.
That background thingy is a good tip and i'm going to do that for every script and if they finally run without problems i can install Conky Manager 2.6.
Mostly the scripts are managed on a good way, they almost never start twice.. only when you start the manager twice and start the scripts again (had that in the beginning, i accidently opened a second manager and started the scripts again) but then they show up on the taskbar/panel with icons.. a click on the big red button and all conky scripts are killed!

Sir, may i thank you for your crisp clear reply! :!:
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:11 pm

Btw, ben nog niet helemaal bekend met github, dus ik zou niet weten zonder package hoe ik het vandaar moet installeren?
En is het raadzaam om eerst de oude manager te verwijderen?
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

zcot
Level 5
Level 5

Post by zcot » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:26 pm

RemonK wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:39 pm
zycot wrote:But also, btw, these combinations are not a good choice:
alignment top_right
gap_x 436
gap_y -691
That is for appearing onto my second display. I don't know how to address my script to show on my second display, so i did it the dirty way and that worked! :mrgreen: But i can understand if conky has a problem with it..
Ah! I understand now. My mistake. But actually I do think that conky will "figure it out" with the numbers, which is to say I don't think that it's an error. I have seen other users with negative values for the x position(or greater than the screen width, it depends on the direction), but either way it goes it will end up moving to next screen one way or another. lol :lol:

But you can start it from the second(or first) monitor if you like. Here is from from conky --help:

-X, --display=DISPLAY     X11 display to use
So the display will probably either be 0 or 1.

conky -X 0 -c ~/whatever/config

About multiple detached conky processes, yes, I agree. I wasn't thinking about while using Conky Manager, but that will probably kill any backgrounded process correctly.

About the rest of it, conky itself does use the imlib features when images or transparency layers are active. So it's possible that the errors could show up not especially just in regards to a "bad config". Maybe if enough instances are used and the imlib_cache variable is not handling it? It might be something to dig around for.

I'm not sure where to think about the errors in the end. :? Unless it becomes strictly in regard to SoundBox.

zcot
Level 5
Level 5

Post by zcot » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:30 pm

RemonK wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:11 pm
Btw, ben nog niet helemaal bekend met github, dus ik zou niet weten zonder package hoe ik het vandaar moet installeren?
No, it is not required to remove the first manager version. There is not a conflict between the 2 versions.

Also, the listing at github does include instructions. The HOWTOBUILD.md file should be straight forward. Let us know if there is any question.

RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:10 am

zcot wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:26 pm
But you can start it from the second(or first) monitor if you like. Here is from from conky --help:

-X, --display=DISPLAY     X11 display to use
So the display will probably either be 0 or 1.

conky -X 0 -c ~/whatever/config
I see.. my fault was that i tried that inside the script! But with this option ALL the scripts will start on the second screen.
Is there an option per script?

zycot wrote:About the rest of it, conky itself does use the imlib features when images or transparency layers are active. So it's possible that the errors could show up not especially just in regards to a "bad config". Maybe if enough instances are used and the imlib_cache variable is not handling it? It might be something to dig around for.
I'm not sure where to think about the errors in the end. :? Unless it becomes strictly in regard to SoundBox.
I think i know wich script is causing the errors! Yesterday i forgot to convert the clock script, so i did this morning and started it up. Immediately the imlib errors started to spam the terminal screen! It is a lua script.. but i don't know where to look for in the script??

zcot wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:30 pm
RemonK wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:11 pm
No, it is not required to remove the first manager version. There is not a conflict between the 2 versions.
Also, the listing at github does include instructions. The HOWTOBUILD.md file should be straight forward. Let us know if there is any question.
Wow i wrote that in dutch :mrgreen: It was very late last night and i was tired, my mistake! But i see you can read it, can i asume your dutch also? I will look into the howto.. thanx!
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:20 am

Via the howto i can't get past this one:

admin@P3300LX:~$ git clone https://github.com/zycot/conky-manager2.git
Cloning into 'conky-manager2'...
Username for 'https://github.com': lowrida
Password for 'https://lowrida@github.com': 
remote: Invalid username or password.
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://github.com/zycot/conky-manager2.git/'
Also tried:

admin@P3300LX:~$ git clone https://github.com/lowrida/conky-manager2.git
Cloning into 'conky-manager2'...
Username for 'https://github.com': lowrida
Password for 'https://lowrida@github.com': 
remote: Invalid username or password.
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://github.com/lowrida/conky-manager2.git/'
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

zcot
Level 5
Level 5

Post by zcot » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:27 am

I used a translator to read the Dutch. ;) I can only speak English and computer languages. :shock:

Is this clock script shown online somewhere? Let us see it. Otherwise I'm not sure. You could paste them. I would only guess it might be multiple files.

As for using the -X parameter on starting. You can edit the file: /home/admin/.conky/conky-startup.sh
Just add the -X switch to the important line. They are all listed. But using the negative number in the script instead is not bad, it does work correctly.

For installing Conky Manager 2 just check with the instructions here: https://github.com/zcot/conky-manager2/ ... TOBUILD.md
And you can simply copy/paste the lines.
git clone https://github.com/zcot/conky-manager2.git
instead of:
git clone https://github.com/zycot/conky-manager2.git

RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:12 am

zcot wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:27 am
I used a translator to read the Dutch. ;) I can only speak English and computer languages. :shock:
ah ok :lol: at least we can communicate international with both of them! ;)

zcot wrote: Is this clock script shown online somewhere? Let us see it. Otherwise I'm not sure. You could paste them. I would only guess it might be multiple files.
Ok, this is the conky script, not much to see. Only a few commands to show the day of the month in a little box on the clockface like a wrist watch and then draw the clock.

conky.config = {
	background = false,
	update_interval = 0.5,
--	update_run_times = '0',

double_buffer = true,
	no_buffers = true,

text_buffer_size = 1024,

own_window = true,
	own_window_transparent = true,
	own_window_type = 'dock',
	own_window_argb_visual = true,
	own_window_argb_value = 0,
	own_window_colour = '#000000',
	own_window_hints = 'undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager',

draw_shades = false,
	draw_borders = false,
	draw_graph_borders = false,

minimum_width = 190, minimum_height = 190,
	maximum_width = 250,

gap_x = -260,
	gap_y = -775,
	alignment = 'top_right',

use_xft = true,
	override_utf8_locale = true,
--     xftfont Ani Regular:size=12
	xftalpha = 1,
	uppercase = false,
	use_spacer = 'none',

default_color = '#D8D8D8',
	color1 = '#00F4FF',

imlib_cache_flush_interval = 100,
	imlib_cache_size = 4096,

lua_load = 'imlib_clock.lua',

};

conky.text = [[
# Set day of the month on clockface
${offset 85}${voffset 121}${color1}${Font lcdmono2:bold:size=15}${execi 150 date +%d}
#
# Make clock
${lua imlib_clock eigen 180 100 100}
]];
This is the lua code..

--[[
Simple clock, written using imlib. Edited by Etles_Team (2016)
Make sure you've installed "imlib2" application in your system if this script doesn't work :)

To use this script in Conky, Add this command in conkyrc file before (TEXT), Example :

lua_load ~/.conky/Conky-Name/imlib_clock.lua
lua_draw_hook_pre imlib_clock theme

OR you can add this other command to load script in conkyrc after (TEXT), Example :

${lua imlib_clock theme-name 120 100 100}

]]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

require 'imlib2'

image_path = os.getenv ('HOME')..'/.conky/MyClock/images/'

function fFreeImage (image)
	imlib_context_set_image(image)
	imlib_free_image ()
end

function fRotateImage (image, arc)
	return imlib_create_rotated_image(arc)
end

function fGetImageSize(image)
	return imlib_image_get_width(), imlib_image_get_height()
end

function create_clock(theme, arc_s, arc_m, arc_h)

local imgFace =  imlib_load_image(image_path..theme..'/face.png')
local w_img, h_img = fGetImageSize(imgFace)

local imgH =  imlib_load_image(image_path..theme..'/h.png')
local imgHR = fRotateImage (imgH, arc_h)
local w_imgH, h_imgH = fGetImageSize(imgHR)

local imgM =  imlib_load_image(image_path..theme..'/m.png')
local imgMR = fRotateImage (imgM, arc_m)
local w_imgM, h_imgM = fGetImageSize(imgMR)

local imgS =  imlib_load_image(image_path..theme..'/s.png')
local imgSR = fRotateImage (imgS, arc_s)
local w_imgS, h_imgS = fGetImageSize(imgSR)

local imgGlass =  imlib_load_image(image_path..theme..'/glass.png')

local buffer = imlib_create_image(w_img, h_img)
	imlib_context_set_image(buffer)
	imlib_image_set_has_alpha(1)
	imlib_image_clear()

imlib_blend_image_onto_image(imgFace, 1, 0, 0, w_img, h_img, 0, 0, w_img, h_img )

imlib_blend_image_onto_image(imgHR, 1, 0, 0, w_imgH, h_imgH, w_img/2-w_imgH/2, h_img/2-h_imgH/2, w_imgH, h_imgH )

imlib_blend_image_onto_image(imgMR, 1, 0, 0, w_imgM, h_imgM, w_img/2-w_imgM/2, h_img/2-h_imgM/2, w_imgM, h_imgM )

imlib_blend_image_onto_image(imgSR, 1, 0, 0, w_imgS, h_imgS, w_img/2-w_imgS/2-1, h_img/2-h_imgS/2-1, w_imgS, h_imgS )

imlib_blend_image_onto_image(imgGlass, 1, 0, 0, w_img, h_img, 0, 0, w_img, h_img )

fFreeImage (imgFace)
	fFreeImage (imgH)
	fFreeImage (imgHR)
	fFreeImage (imgM)
	fFreeImage (imgMR)
	fFreeImage (imgS)
	fFreeImage (imgSR)
	fFreeImage (imgGlass)

return buffer

end

function conky_imlib_clock(theme,w,x,y)

if conky_window==nil then return ' ' end

local w = w or 200
	local x = x or conky_window.width / 2
	local y = y or conky_window.height / 2

local arc_s = (2 * math.pi / 60) * os.date("%S")
	local arc_m = (2 * math.pi / 60) * os.date("%M") + arc_s / 60
	local arc_h = (2 * math.pi / 12) * os.date("%I") + arc_m / 12

local buffer = create_clock(theme, arc_s, arc_m, arc_h)
	imlib_context_set_image(buffer)

imlib_render_image_on_drawable_at_size(
		x-w/2, y-w/2, w, w)

fFreeImage (buffer)

return ' '
end
--=================================== Regards, Etles_Team =====================================--
I think the problem lines are 60-77, but i'm not familiar with lua yet so i'm not sure..
Here you can download the complete archive of my clock with all the images and scripts, so you can maybe test it and check if the errors also appear on your system?
http://www.cobrasoft.nl/download/MyClock.tar.gz

zcot wrote: For installing Conky Manager 2 just check with the instructions here: https://github.com/zcot/conky-manager2/ ... TOBUILD.md
And you can simply copy/paste the lines.
git clone https://github.com/zcot/conky-manager2.git
instead of:
git clone https://github.com/zycot/conky-manager2.git
I just now see that i quoted your name wrong all this time! :oops: Sorry for that..
But the howto worked flawless! 2.6 is up and running, thanx! ;)
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

Return to “Newbie Questions”