Trouble with Mate's panel

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Jucker
Level 1
Level 1

Trouble with Mate's panel

Post by Jucker » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:14 am

Hello.
After I've upgraded Linux Mint to 19.2, I face some trouble with Mate's panel. From time to time the panel simply... disappears. All running programs work well, window switch too. But panel is disappeared.
I restore panel using 'mate-panel --replace' in the terminal, but panel disappears again after I close the terminal. I cannot localize the problem.
Who faced the same problem? Maybe I do something wrong?
Thanks.
Don't be angry but I only study English...

gm10
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Trouble with Mate's panel

Post by gm10 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:33 am

Jucker wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:14 am
After I've upgraded Linux Mint to 19.2, I face some trouble with Mate's panel. From time to time the panel simply... disappears. All running programs work well, window switch too. But panel is disappeared.
Likely too obvious to be the cause, but I'll better ask: Do you have auto-hiding for the panel enabled?

Otherwise I don't know, can't say I have run into the issue (but I never used LM 19.2's panel version).
Jucker wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:14 am
I restore panel using 'mate-panel --replace' in the terminal, but panel disappears again after I close the terminal.
To prevent the panel exiting with the terminal window either press Alt+F2 to run mate-panel --replace or in a terminal window run it like this:

Code: Select all

mate-panel --replace & disown
Tune up your LM 19.x: ppa:gm10/linuxmint-tools

Jucker
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Trouble with Mate's panel

Post by Jucker » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 am

gm10 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:33 am
Likely too obvious to be the cause, but I'll better ask: Do you have auto-hiding for the panel enabled?
No, I never used this function.
gm10 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:33 am
To prevent the panel exiting with the terminal window either press Alt+F2 to run mate-panel --replace or in a terminal window run it like this:

Code: Select all

mate-panel --replace & disown
Thank you. I will try it.
Don't be angry but I only study English...

Return to “Newbie Questions”