Grub2 - Looking for some Grub2 setting history file - on existing entries are still added, after Mint migration to other

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
ruthan
Level 1
Level 1

Grub2 - Looking for some Grub2 setting history file - on existing entries are still added, after Mint migration to other

Post by ruthan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:13 am

Hello,
see subject.. i migrated mint partition from one machine to other to safe time, its working fine, but there is annoying thing everytime i update grub some obsolute entries are added.. for me these are Clover entries, i dont even have MacOS on this machine.. and all EFI/Clover files are deleted from EFI partition.

I wonder where is saved info to add these entries? I guess that there has to be some old settings file or some configuration file from its it is loaded?

deepakdeshp
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Grub2 - Looking for some Grub2 setting history file - on existing entries are still added, after Mint migration to o

Post by deepakdeshp » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:07 pm

Please run

Code: Select all

sudo update-grub
.Reboot and test.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

Return to “Newbie Questions”