Cannot adjust TIME/ DATE

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
df1995
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot adjust TIME/ DATE

Post by df1995 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:02 pm

My computer shows the incorrect TIME/ DATE. At the "Date and Time Setting" page, the settings cannot be altered. Network Time is ON and cannot be switched off. Time numbers are NOT changible. Date is Feb 17, 2016 and this is NOT changible. LOCKED OR UN LOCKED, NOT changible.

The only adjustable items are 24 he clock, display date, display seconds and first day of the week.

Any ideas? I recall reading years ago that a weak mainboard battery could cause these symptoms on a desktop. My computer is a Dell 6430. Mint Cinnamon 64 bit 3./.7

Tomgin5
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Cannot adjust TIME/ DATE

Post by Tomgin5 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:12 pm

First of all post from your monitor window the result of " inxi -Fxzd ". Copy and paste.
Next does the network time show the correct time? During the initial install the correct time zone was properly selected?
Unlock and re lock the time lock.

pbear
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Cannot adjust TIME/ DATE

Post by pbear » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:23 pm

FYI, the way it's supposed to work is that first you click "Unlock," then you untick "Network Time," then you can manually set time and date.

Do you have an internet connection? Network Time should have synced your date and time already, but it depends on internet access.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
If your problem has been solved, please edit the thread title.

Return to “Newbie Questions”