All I can say is WOW

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
natibo
Level 1
Level 1

All I can say is WOW

Post by natibo »

I was not happy with the last 2 versions of Ubuntu. Jaunty slowed my system to a crawl. I spent a few months tinkering with OpenSuse and Fedora, but thay had problems as well. Then I noticed Mint had a new 64-bit version so I thought I would give it a try. My system has never run faster or better EVER.

The only problem I have, which seems to be consistent across al OS's, is obtaining a 1440x900 resolution, but I can live with that for now.

nandemonai
Level 1
Level 1

Re: All I can say is WOW

Post by nandemonai »

Running 1440x900 here no problems, was auto detected when I installed the nvidia driver.
Guess it really depends on your video card / monitor as I've never had a problem with this resolution.
Linux Mint 7 64 Bit | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.80GHz (OC) | 4GB Kingston RAM | Asus P5Q Delux Motherboard | Asus EN9800GT (NVIDIA) | WD 120GB / WD 720GB SATA2 HDDs

newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Welcome to Linux Mint (x64). Happy to hear you like it! 1440 x 900 should be possible - what have you tried to set that resolution? Post back if you need help, and someone can help set it up.

ariord
Level 1
Level 1

Help With My Res!!!!

Post by ariord »

I accidentally changed the res and no won't go back. Can you help me with that?

newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

How did you change it to the unwanted resolution, and how did you try to change it back?
Did you go to Menu -> Preferences -> Display? Then select the resolution?
What graphics chip set are you using?

Return to “Newbie Questions”