Problem with password , when enter always say wrong

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
dejanx
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with password , when enter always say wrong

Post by dejanx » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:34 pm

Problem with password , when enter always say wrong, but I enter corect password. What can be problem? and how solve? Thanks .
I have linux mint 19 / Tara.

Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Problem with password , when enter always say wrong

Post by Neil Edmond » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Open a text editor and type in the password in exactly the same way, so you can see the output. May be a mismatch of keyboard layout or caps lock on or similar. Anyway, if you can see the output you will know what the problem is.

pbear
Level 8
Level 8

Post by pbear » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:15 pm

dejanx wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:34 pm
... always say wrong
Please clarify.

1. Is this a problem at login or when authorizing a command (e.g., an update in Update Manager)?

2. If login is okay, are you logging in automatically or do you enter your password?

3. Has this always been a problem or something which started recently?

4. What language did you select for the system? For the keyboard layout?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
If your problem has been solved, please edit the thread title.

Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:29 am

but I enter corect password.
you made a typo above, so maybe you are doing the same for password?
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

dejanx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dejanx » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:35 am

pbear wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:15 pm
dejanx wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:34 pm
... always say wrong
Please clarify.

1. Is this a problem at login or when authorizing a command (e.g., an update in Update Manager)?

2. If login is okay, are you logging in automatically or do you enter your password?

4. What language did you select for the system? For the keyboard layout?
I log automatically no enter password. Problem is when authorizing command. I use Serbian language for keyboard,for system english. I see last night problem when I want install Snap Store, and when enter command for snap and after enter password say wrong password.
I have one question more, start software manager but 10min write Generating cache one moment and nothing happened dont open. I ihave Linux mint/Tara 19.

Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:39 am

Probably different ASCII tables between English and Serbian keyboard. You may need to set it for Unicode.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

dejanx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dejanx » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:10 am

Spearmint2 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:39 am
Probably different ASCII tables between English and Serbian keyboard. You may need to set it for Unicode.
Ok thanks, but when click on Languages nothing happened nothing open?
I have problem one more, when enter any command etc for softvare manager( stuck on generating cache) I have this but always eject me this,anything enter in terminal get this apt_pkg.Error: E:Malformed entry 2 in list file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave.list (Component), E:The list of sources could not be read.

Did must open new theard for this problem/software manager /generating cache stuck?
And how solve language problem when dont open Languages option.

Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:40 am

I've never see such error before. Ever since they added systemd to versions 18 & 19, error msgs I've not seen in earlier versions have been appearing. Basically it says your software sources is messed up. You could open the Update Manager and have it reset the defaults, see if that clears it up.

dejanx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dejanx » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:56 am

On icon/updates staje X/red color, and write this in update, on picture.I remember that I want install Brave browser but cant install .I found on internet that this error for Brave browser.
Attachments
77.png

Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:45 am

You are in update manager. Check the sources there. Something wrong in one of them for the brave browser. Did you get it from a PPA?

pbear
Level 8
Level 8

Post by pbear » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:56 pm

dejanx wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:35 am
pbear wrote:
Problem is when authorizing command.
Again, has this always been a problem or something which started recently? In particular, did the problem start when you tried to install the Brave browser? Whereas if you have always had the problem, that you are seeing it in that context probably isn't of itself significant.

dejanx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dejanx » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:27 pm

pbear wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:56 pm
dejanx wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:35 am
pbear wrote:
Problem is when authorizing command.
Again, has this always been a problem or something which started recently? In particular, did the problem start when you tried to install the Brave browser? Whereas if you have always had the problem, that you are seeing it in that context probably isn't of itself significant.
Now the password is fine, but I have a problem when I type any command in the terminal it throws me this Malformed entry 2 in list file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave.list (Component) ), I don't know what to do. I'm not very expert in linux.That's right, what erupts in the terminal started to come out when I wanted to install browser locks.

dejanx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dejanx » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Spearmint2 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:45 am
You are in update manager. Check the sources there. Something wrong in one of them for the brave browser. Did you get it from a PPA?
I don't know what a PPA is. I'm not proficient enough in Linux and tuning for it
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-10-13_20-29-45.png

pbear
Level 8
Level 8

Post by pbear » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:07 pm

dejanx wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:27 pm
Now the password is fine, but I have a problem ...
At this point, then, I will suggest you open another thread. Forum members who use Brave browser are unlikely to be looking at this. For a thread title, I would suggest: Brave browser installed, now system won't update. In the first post, explain how you installed Brave and, if possible, give a link to the instructions you followed. Also, open Terminal, click to expand to full screen and run these two commands (use copy and paste):

Code: Select all

inxi -SMr
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave.list
After you have run the commands, click Edit on the menu, Select All, then Copy. Paste the copied text into your first post in the new thread. These two commands will provide useful information to the folks trying to help you.

Good luck.

ETA: Just noticed another thread with the same problem. Notice the instructions on how to reinstall Brave. There's a bit of discussion in the thread over which instructions to use, which depends on the version of Mint. The linked instructions are the one which apply to you, as you're using LM 19.

Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:30 pm

Any files with *.py file names which give a problem is bad news. It's short for Python coding system. Unless you are lucky enough to fix that single *.py file so it works, then nothing will work with updates.

Maybe deleting it will work, did for this person.
viewtopic.php?t=30003#p173097

If that doesn't work, then try these sites to reinstall mintupdate.

https://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/m ... mintupdate

Make sure to download the proper package for your version of Mint, as a .deb file, which can be
used to restore it.

https://pkgs.org/download/mintupdate

Or it that doesn't, may need to find an APT package to install with a .deb file.

use dpkg command to install .deb package files.

info dpkg

dejanx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dejanx » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 am

Spearmint2 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:30 pm
Any files with *.py file names which give a problem is bad news. It's short for Python coding system. Unless you are lucky enough to fix that single *.py file so it works, then nothing will work with updates.

Maybe deleting it will work, did for this person.
viewtopic.php?t=30003#p173097

If that doesn't work, then try these sites to reinstall mintupdate.

https://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/m ... mintupdate

Make sure to download the proper package for your version of Mint, as a .deb file, which can be
used to restore it.

https://pkgs.org/download/mintupdate

Or it that doesn't, may need to find an APT package to install with a .deb file.

use dpkg command to install .deb package files.

info dpkg
@ Spearmint2

Thanks, I follow this link and instructions for update , and now is ok update.
( Maybe deleting it will work, did for this person.
viewtopic.php?t=30003#p173097 )

Thanks everybody now everything is fine.When solve update now work fine everything.Thanks :)

Return to “Newbie Questions”