Taskbar the upper right side screen

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sonofman

Re: Taskbar the upper right side screen

Post by Sonofman »

I have a 23 inch monitor. I really didn't imagine something as icons on the screen would be such a problem with Mint and I don't get why whoever are the developer of Mint made everything so tiny, must be someone very young with good eyesight
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

I guess you could try Xfce instead of Cinnamon. Those setting are in a different location in Xfce. Maybe you could download it and run a live session and see what you think. If you do that, we can help you configure that titlebar.
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

If I were to try a different version would that version Xfce also have everything tiny?
Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Larry78723 »

What is the resolution of your monitor? Also, please open a terminal and run the following command:

Code: Select all

inxi -G
Copy the results and please post it in your reply.
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Sonofman wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:51 pm If I were to try a different version would that version Xfce also have everything tiny?
Did you see me screenshot of Xfce? They are not tiny. Besides Larry78723's request can you open a blank document and take a screen capture to post here?
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

Larry78723 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:17 pm What is the resolution of your monitor? Also, please open a terminal and run the following command:

inxi -G
Copy the results and please post it in your reply.
Graphics:
Device-1: AMD Redwood XT [Radeon HD 5670/5690/5730] driver: radeon
v: kernel
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.19.6 driver: ati,radeon
unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: AMD REDWOOD (DRM 2.50.0 / 4.15.0-65-generic LLVM 8.0.0)
v: 3.3 Mesa 19.0.8
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

blueocean wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:24 pm
Sonofman wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:51 pm If I were to try a different version would that version Xfce also have everything tiny?
Did you see me screenshot of Xfce? They are not tiny. Besides Larry78723's request can you open a blank document and take a screen capture to post here?
That screenshot looks good, are you using Xfce version now?
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Sonofman wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:23 pm
I keep Xfce and Mate for reference, but use Cinnamon. If I were to switch it would be Xfce. I'd like you to post that screenshot and those commands so we can make sure your issue isn't some anomaly in Cinnamon.
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

blueocean wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:29 pm
Sonofman wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:23 pm

I keep Xfce and Mate for reference, but use Cinnamon. If I were to switch it would be Xfce. I'd like you to post that screenshot and those commands so we can make sure your issue isn't some anomaly in Cinnamon.
Post which screenshot and those commands?
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

The command Larry 78723 requested

inxi -G
plus he asked for your screen resolution. And then I would like to have you open a blank text document and take a screenshot.
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

My screen is showing as to what it is 1920x1080~60Hz. Curious how this pic is any different from above post? I',m not sure what you want me to do with text document? Thanks
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

Is this what you're asking?
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Everything looks normal so I don't think there are further adjustments. If you try Xfce live I'll shortly post how to put the larger title-bar on it.
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

For Xfce got to the Menu>Settings>Window Manager>Style tab>Select Default-xhdpi
I use Default-hdpi
Xfce is quite different from Cinnamon and it takes a while to get up to speed. Just post any questions on a new topic.
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

Okay Thanks, this live can be mounted on a usb flash drive, yes?
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Yes same as Cinnamon. Download iso and make bootable installer (live session)
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

I'm running this live version now and I did what you said to do which is good, thanks, but seriously what is it with these developers does everything need to be tiny? I can't even make out the clock its so tiny if it were any small I wouldn't even notice there a clock in the taskbar. Why does everything need to be tiny?
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

I found the setting to make it bigger but I just don't get it, why everything needs to be so tiny.
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Sonofman wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:37 pm I'm running this live version now and I did what you said to do which is good, thanks, but seriously what is it with these developers does everything need to be tiny? I can't even make out the clock its so tiny if it were any small I wouldn't even notice there a clock in the taskbar. Why does everything need to be tiny?
That can all be adjusted. Same as Cinnamon. You increase panel height. If you want to install Xfce then start a new topic for settings on Xfce, I can give you my general appearance settings just to try. As to why everything's so small with default settings, I don't know.
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

Thanks for everything you have done but this Linux is really P ing me off. My wifi network isn't showing up but everybody else in my area is

Return to “Beginner Questions”