Fan Noise

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
chamnan
Level 1
Level 1

Fan Noise

Post by chamnan »

Hi team,

I'm very new to Linux, i have problem with the fan noise after i install Linux Mint Operating System: Linux Mint 19.3, Kernel: Linux 5.0.0-37-generic on my laptop ROG GL553VD, the fan do not stop and consume a lot of power. I try to use GPU driver of proprietary(nvidia) and open source but both of them didn't change anything. Also, i try to install TLP too but nothing change. So, would you guys helping me on that? I have try Ubuntu too but still get that problem. I would appreciate your help.

deepakdeshp
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Fan Noise

Post by deepakdeshp »

For nvidia https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... a.html?m=1
Bios may have entry for fan always on. Please check.
I feel better to keep always on otherwise CPU may fry.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

chamnan
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Fan Noise

Post by chamnan »

deepakdeshp wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:06 am
For nvidia https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... a.html?m=1
Bios may have entry for fan always on. Please check.
I feel better to keep always on otherwise CPU may fry.
Actually i am using dual boot, and when i try to use window the fan working well, but not in Linux.

Return to “Newbie Questions”