gufw refresh interval

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
rn1
Level 2
Level 2

gufw refresh interval

Post by rn1 »

Hello,
I have searched the help files and other links and cannot find anything which tells me that what looks like a quotation sign in the GUFW listening report, when selecting an interval, means whatever it means.

would someone kindly go into a little detail about the interval setting and what it means and does?
thank you.

Kadaitcha Man
Level 7
Level 7

Re: gufw refresh interval

Post by Kadaitcha Man »

rn1 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 pm
would someone kindly go into a little detail about the interval setting and what it means and does?
What it does should be obvious from the text on the screen that the option is on. It controls the reporting interval. What isn't obvious is that whoever designed the UI text chose to use the geometric representation " for seconds instead of the s known almost the entire world over. To me this says the author has too much knowledge but not much brain.

Degrees °, minutes ', seconds ".
It's pronounced kad-eye-cha, not kada-itcha.

rn1
Level 2
Level 2

Re: gufw refresh interval

Post by rn1 »

thanks. and to be sure, and this is really the thrust for me, the "reporting interval" is a logging function and not a setting that governs how often the firewall does anything else?

thanks again.

Return to “Newbie Questions”