(resolved)moving home folder

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
wyrdoak
Level 6
Level 6

(resolved)moving home folder

Post by wyrdoak »

I have forgotten how to move the home partition to a different drive, can someone point me to the "how to post" also this new lxde has no swapfile or home partition, just installed everything on one partition. Like I said been away awhile so not undated on the new file system, so things may have changed. and the drive is only 15GB so if I need to save movies and music I think I need a bit more space. I think this is 19.3 lxde
Last edited by wyrdoak on Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Re: moving home folder

Post by WharfRat »

If you follow this post toy should have no problems.

Just make sure you change PART=sda6 to your new /home partition's designation.
ImageImage
wyrdoak
Level 6
Level 6

Re: (resolved)moving home folder

Post by wyrdoak »

Thanks for the help on moving /home. The little computer was working hard when Firefox was opened instead of messing with a swap partition I decided on Zram , it's not working quite as hard now, not the i/o problem I was having before but the CPU is working harder. I'll know more as I play with it. Since the HD is so small using a SD Card to add more drive space. Here's what I got so far
https://www.4shared.com/img/8metUZ8Wiq/ ... 8_16-23-39
-Dell Mini Inspiron 910 Netbook-Atom CPU-N270-1.60ghz; 16gbs mini ePCI PATA SSD
15GB RAM- 1gbs-(LinixMint-19.3: LMDE)

Return to “Newbie Questions”