Screen Mirroring

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
imusorka
Level 2
Level 2

Screen Mirroring

Post by imusorka »

A couple of questions about screen mirroring. Completely unrelated. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
  • How do I hide the banner that shows up in the top left-hand corner when mirroring via HDMI?
  • Is it possible to mirror screens wirelessly? I'm only aware of the DLNA server/client setup but this is different.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Screen Mirroring

Post by Moonstone Man »

imusorka wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:50 pm A couple of questions about screen mirroring. Completely unrelated. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
  • How do I hide the banner that shows up in the top left-hand corner when mirroring via HDMI?
  • Is it possible to mirror screens wirelessly? I'm only aware of the DLNA server/client setup but this is different.
I'm not sure you're going to get any helpful responses because your questions and statements are much too vague to make sense out of. For example, I do not get banners in any corner when mirroring via HDMI or via any other method, and mirroring over wireless is going to depend on you having a wifi-capable monitor or projector but you don't tell us if you have such a thing or not, nor do you say anything about your equipment such as makes and models.

I recommend that you first describe what you want to do rather than asking about your XY problem. I also recommend that you visit the link at the top of this page and pay particular attention to section 5:
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
imusorka
Level 2
Level 2

Post by imusorka »

Both questions are for a PC to TV scenario. Running Cinnamon 19.1.
  • There is either a red "Screen Mirroring" banner or a green banner with the respective screen name depending on the option selected in Displays.
  • Trying to wirelessly mirror my laptop screen to my LG TV running WebOS, i.e. a Chromecast/Miracast equivalent for Linux.
imusorka
Level 2
Level 2

Post by imusorka »

The first issue (HDMI banner) sorted itself out. Still very much interested in options for wireless screen mirroring.
imusorka
Level 2
Level 2

Post by imusorka »

Anyone?
imusorka
Level 2
Level 2

Post by imusorka »

Kadaitcha Man wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:11 pm I'm not sure you're going to get any helpful responses because your questions and statements are much too vague to make sense out of.
Looks like the clarification did not help. Have you personally managed to mirror wirelessly?
soundchaser59
Level 3
Level 3

Post by soundchaser59 »

I'm kinda surprised that it is so difficult to find any information on this subject. Seems like all the phones people have will effortlessly mirror their screens to their tv's over their wireless home network. But as soon as I tried to find info on how to do it in LM I hit a brick wall.
Taterman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Taterman »

I started this thread a couple of months ago. viewtopic.php?f=90&t=369027

Maybe it will help you, but I gave up on the idea.

Return to “Beginner Questions”