You have 1 broken file [SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
freshtamatic
Level 3
Level 3

You have 1 broken file [SOLVED]

Post by freshtamatic »

It's related to psensor. How do I remove it?
Last edited by freshtamatic on Sun May 03, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

rossdv8
Level 3
Level 3

Re: You have 1 broekn file

Post by rossdv8 »

sometimes you can fix broken packages just by opening Synaptic, then going to Edit in the Menu, and Down to Fix broken packages (at the bottom of the Edit Menu).

Then do it again for luck.
Then try again to reinstall psensors.

Sometimes the Broken packages error is caused by some other package you are removing at the same time, or something you have installed that psensors either needs, or conflicts with.
Highlight (select) psensors in Synaptic, and scroll through the window. The conflicting packages might appear in RED.

If Synaptic can;t fix them you can also try these commands from a Terminal (after closing Synaptic):

Code: Select all

sudo apt update  
sudo apt upgrade   
sudo apt-get -f install
If none of that works you'll have to start looking through the /etc/apt/sources.list Which will need a whole other reply..
Current main OS: MInt 19.3 Xfce on Lenovo m93p Tiny, i5-4590T (i915 graphics), 8GB RAM, 1TB Samsung SSD.

freshtamatic
Level 3
Level 3

Re: You have 1 broken file

Post by freshtamatic »

Thank you, synaptic fixed it.

rossdv8
Level 3
Level 3

Re: You have 1 broken file [SOLVED]

Post by rossdv8 »

You're welcome.
It's nice to feel at least a little useful once in a while :D
Current main OS: MInt 19.3 Xfce on Lenovo m93p Tiny, i5-4590T (i915 graphics), 8GB RAM, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Return to “Newbie Questions”