Desktop date/time problem...

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
MrWobbly
Level 1
Level 1

Desktop date/time problem...

Post by MrWobbly »

Dear Folks:

I just installed Tricia 19.3. My problem is in setting the date/time display. When I open the "change" window, I can set the time zone and the
date and time information reflects correctly, but when I close the "change" window, the display is a day ahead and the time appears to be UTC. Even a
reboot does not clear up the problem. Please advise.

My credentials: Male, 80 years old, Computer programmer/analyst since 1967, used PCs since 1986, Familiar with DOS, Windows, and Linux Red Hat,
Cinnamon versions to Tricia 19.3. Just finished a few happy years on Sylvia 18.3. Live in Amarillo, Texas.
gittiest personITW
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Desktop date/time problem...

Post by gittiest personITW »

Hi,
Can you go to Terminal and type the following and see if it is what you'd expect:

Code: Select all

locale
bc1x
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bc1x »

Menu->Administration->Time & Date.

1. Click "Unlock" & authenticate.

2. Choose timezone for your location in the drop down menu. If Amarillo is in Central Time, try America/Chicago.

3. Click "Lock".

Or via terminal.
pbear
Level 15
Level 15

Post by pbear »

MrWobbly wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:46 am
Please advise.
In addition to running git's suggested command, please post a screenshot of what you see when you open Date & Time. Alt-PrtSc will take a snapshot of the active window. Save to Desktop. Upload as an attachment (see tab, below the text entry window). Be sure to click place inline. Once successfully uploaded, the screenshot can be deleted from Desktop if you have no interest in retaining.

Return to “Newbie Questions”