[solved] How to make the forum text bigger.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
tonyaimer
Level 1
Level 1

[solved] How to make the forum text bigger.

Post by tonyaimer »

Based on my combination of graphics card, driver and screen I would like to make the text size on this forum a little bigger.

I have tried clicking on the button for large and I just get "size= "or something like that in my text.

The size does not change.

What am I doing wrong and can the text size be enlarged permanently?

Regards

Tony Aimer
Last edited by tonyaimer on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How to make the forum text bigger.

Post by Moem »

The size button is for applying larger text sizes in the posting you are writing. It will not make everybody else's posts look larger.
What you want is to use the zoom feature of your browser. Try hitting Ctrl and + on your keyboard until you're happier.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
gittiest personITW
Level 8
Level 8

Post by gittiest personITW »

Hi Tony,
Firstly, in your browser, you'd be able to make the text bigger. For instance, in Firefox use the Zoom control.
Secondly, do you find that all your text is in general a little too small?
If so, you could lower the resolution in your graphics card settings - ensure you are using the native monitor resolution for best results but no harm in trying other resolutions (don't go for higher refresh rates than your monitor is happy with) if you aren't already. The added advantage would be that your graphics card would take less power and run cooler depending on how far you run with it.
BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Post by BG405 »

In Firefox (and Waterfox along with probably most browsers):
CTRL + + to enlarge, CTRL + - to reduce, CTRL + 0 to reset the zoom level.
Last edited by BG405 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 8GB - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------K7S5A AMD 1.2GHz - LM17.3 Xfce 32 & WinXP-Pro
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE ...
blackcarajillo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by blackcarajillo »

I think you can even set specific settings for fonts in either Chrome or Firefox, e.g. to have them bigger or smaller. Might also be useful in your case.
wallyUSA
Level 5
Level 5

Post by wallyUSA »

Another option is hold Ctrl while using scroll wheel on your mouse!
Ulyana 20 Cinnamon 4.6.7 Kernel 5.4.0-52 (64 bit). {Dell XPS 13}

Please, if your query has been resolved, edit your first post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions.
BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Post by BG405 »

What I'd like to have is more granularity in the zoom settings (in FF/Waterfox), instead of 100, 110, 120, 133, 150 etc.. Reason is, some pages are either too narrow or (sometimes, infuriatingly, only slightly) too wide to fit the display, due to crappy web page design.
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 8GB - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------K7S5A AMD 1.2GHz - LM17.3 Xfce 32 & WinXP-Pro
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE ...
tonyaimer
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [solved] How to make the forum text bigger.

Post by tonyaimer »

Whow! That was simple

Might have spent years before I found "ctrl" + "+"

Thanks to all.

Regards

Tony Aimer

Return to “Newbie Questions”