[SOLVED] Unable to logon Linux Mint 20 boot screen after Update Tails

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
psmith10
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Unable to logon Linux Mint 20 boot screen after Update Tails

Post by psmith10 »

Anybody having password issues with rebooting Linux Mint 20, after installing latest version of tails . I recently upgraded to the latest tails OS to (4.9) on a flash drive. I used the live operating system yesterday for about an hour, then switched back to Linux Mint 20. The reboot was fine, until I got to the login screen, it would not accept my password. I was putting in the password correctly. I tried fixing it by changing the password in root and checking X.authority, to see if changes were made. Nothing seemed to work.

Finally, I got a hold of a live Linux Mint 19.2 CD, and I rebooted my computer with it. I did a restore restore timesshift, removed the CD from my computer and reboot it, and everything was working again. It accepted my password. I have been using tails on and off at least once a month using (flash drive) to access the live OS for couple of years, and I have never had any issues with it or my main OS system Linux Mint. Now, I'm wondering if the same thing will happen again, if I stick the flash drive in my computer and boot the live OS again (Tails).

Return to “Newbie Questions”