[SOLVED] How to Change Timeshift Location for 2 OSs

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
trope
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] How to Change Timeshift Location for 2 OSs

Post by trope »

I have 2 partitions for Mint 19 and Mint 20 and a 3rd partition that is for data, and shared by both. Timeshift on Mint 19 is stored on the /data partition.

In Mint 20 when I try to run the Timeshift wizard, it does not give me the option of specifying where to store timeshift files, and specifically states it is not possible. If I select the /data partition, is it going to re-write my Mint 19 timeshift copies? If so, how can I change where Timeshift is being stored?
Last edited by trope on Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
all41
Level 16
Level 16

Re: How to Change Timeshift Location for 2 OSs

Post by all41 »

I have multiple Mint Timeshift restore files residing in the same directory without issues. Even another distro
timeshift.png
The Ubuntu is actually Kubuntu
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear smart until you hear what they are saying.
You will seldom see a grey-beard wearing a tinfoil hat.

Return to “Newbie Questions”