VPN

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
zealbert
Level 1
Level 1

VPN

Post by zealbert »

Hello,
I have been using IP Vanish for a couple of years, and it started not connecting to most of their servers for the last few weeks. I haven't changed anything. I am running Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia 64 bit.
They sent me instructions on how to re-install Open VPN, which I did, and re-installing IP Vanish, which I tried to do: There are instructions concerning a bottom-right panel icon that I am supposed to have, named "Network", looks like three dots in a triangular pattern, then I am supposed to choose "network settings" from the dop-down menu. I only have an icon that looks like an ethernet port, and there is no "network settings" choice. I use only a wired connection.
I'm getting very poor support from IP Vanish, they don't really seem to know what to do with Linux.
I am not very computer savvy; any suggestions on a user friendly VPN? Mostly used for torrenting. Also, how to delete IP Vanish from my computer?
Thank you
gittiest personITW
Level 8
Level 8

Re: VPN

Post by gittiest personITW »

Hi,
I posted here simple instructions on what you probably need to do.
You'll need at least one .ovpn file from your vpn provider downloaded to your system.
You can do it with as many .ovpn files as you like.
Let us know if it works for you.

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=319926

As to deleting IPVanish - is it in your Software Manager? It depends on how you installed it in the first place. You can delete it very easily and safely if it is.

Return to “Newbie Questions”