change what logitech mice buttons do

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Angel25
Level 1
Level 1

change what logitech mice buttons do

Post by Angel25 »

How do I change what my logitech mouse buttons do? I want to make thumb button do middle click
Kadaitcha Man
Level 11
Level 11

Re: change what logitech mice buttons do

Post by Kadaitcha Man »

Angel25 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:35 pm
How do I change what my logitech mouse buttons do? I want to make thumb button do middle click
Logitech produce no less than 35 models of mice with buttons, and their buttons are all different. At the top of this page it reads, "Before you post please read how to get help".

You might like to read it, and pay attention to section 5.
Coming to a thread near you: Lots of bragging about my AMD 5950X. Currently delayed due to high demand.
It's pronounced kad-eye-cha, not kada-itcha.
Angel25
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Angel25 »

I'm using Cinnamon 20. My mouse is the Logitech MX Master 3.
SantaFe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SantaFe »

You might try this https://github.com/libratbag/piper
Piper

Piper is a GTK+ application to configure gaming mice. Piper is merely a graphical frontend to the ratbagd DBus daemon, see the libratbag README for instructions on how to run ratbagd.

If you are running piper from git, we recommend using libratbag from git as well to make sure the latest bugfixes are applied.
Instructions on how to install it are here: https://github.com/libratbag/piper/wiki/Installation

Supported devices can be found here: https://github.com/libratbag/libratbag/ ... ta/devices

I know it works with my Logitech MXErgo trackball, except for the LED settings, as it has none. ;)
Angel25
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Angel25 »

Piper doesn't support my mouse. It doesnt support wireless mice properly.

Is there a way to view the input codes from a mouse and maybe remap them?
antikythera
Level 9
Level 9

Post by antikythera »

Piper/ratbag combo supports my M570 which is wireless, maybe it's because your MX3 is newer. Anyhow, you could contact the developers about possibly adding support for it if you are willing to be their guinea pig.

That said, they already have it as a commit but it's buggy:
logitech-MX-Master-3.device
Add Support For Logitech MX Master 3 (#819)
13 months ago
Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!
AMSTRAD CPC6128 - 128KB RAM, 3" Hitachi Floppy Diskette Drive, External Sony Cassette Recorder, Locomotive BASIC 1.1, CTM-644 Monitor

Return to “Newbie Questions”