Webcam not working on Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon (new thread)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Webcam not working on Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon (new thread)

Post by MrEen »

As I said, you have ALC259 instead of ALC255. In those instructions change their pin 0x12 with your pin 0x19. Meaning, where I say 0x12 in that theaed, you set 0x19 to Not connected. Then try to find another not connected pin that can be changed to Internal Mic.
100v

Post by 100v »

sorry for my not being attentive enough.
as I give APPLY it says tee: /sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/reconfig: Device or resource is occupied :-(
100v

Post by 100v »

nothing. no unconnected pin-override was successful. same TEE-error message
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

You'll have to click on Install boot override instead. Then reboot and see if worked. If it doesn't work, go back and see if another pin can be tried, undoing the one that didn't work.

That error is very common lately, and this is the only way we can try now when that happens.
100v

Post by 100v »

hallo,

nothing worked... I tried all possible unconnected pins
Thank you all the same!
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Okay, you can click on Remove boot override to undo any changes it made followed by a reboot.

I'd like you to try making a Mint 19.2 Live ISO and boot to it and see if the stuff all works properly there. Mint 20 came with a kernel that had a lot of support for older machines ripped out, but 19.2 comes with a 4.15 kernel that hasn't had those changes yet. That could be our stumbling block here.
skris88
Level 1
Level 1

Post by skris88 »

Hi. I'm having a similar problem. The device is running Linux Mint 20 Ulyana in dual boot mode with Windows 10. The webcame is recoginsed in Windows 10 but not in Linux Mint. Clearly a device driver missing somewhere. How do I check and fix please? Thanks! :oops:
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

skris88 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:21 pm Hi. I'm having a similar problem.
Hello and welcome! Please start a new topic for your question, this one is getting long and unwieldy, and it's about someone elses system and hardware. Thanks!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Beginner Questions”