Remote file transfer

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Drew66
Level 1
Level 1

Remote file transfer

Post by Drew66 »

Hi all, I'm new to this site and linux. I only installed it two days ago.

I have built a new system to store media on , mainly photos.

I'm planning on touring europe next year (c19 permitting) for 3 or 4 weeks.

My question is, is it possible to transfer photos from a remote windows laptop, to my home linux system, while i am away from home. It would be a bonus if others could also connect to my home system.

Thanks Andy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Remote file transfer

Post by chazb »

you might try this something I googled up https://www.fosslinux.com/18853/how-to- ... indows.htm
wilbobob
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wilbobob »

A Nextcloud server will do what you want. https://nextcloud.com/ I've had one set up for local use only, but it is designed for remote access. I'm not sure if the free version is open to multiple users. There are lots of videos on Youtube showing setup.
Go Steady, but keep going
Drew66
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Drew66 »

Hi guys thanks.

fosslinux looksto be what I am looking for.

Many thanks Andy.

Return to “Beginner Questions”